Visa and Immigration Services


Maison Property provides multinational companies and individual expats with a full range of consultation and application services for visas, certificates and permits necessary for living and working in China (services only available for clients who use Maxview residential leasing services).


Chinese Visa Types 
 A Chinese visa allows you to enter, exit and travel through Chinese territory. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a diplomatic, courtesy, service or ordinary visa to a foreigner according to his identity, purpose of visit to China and passport type. Common visa types include:

  • Visa X - For study who want to study in China, or practice as interns for more than 6 months.

  • Visa F - To visit, teach, do business, or for cultural, scientific or technological exchanges for less than 6 months.

  • Visa L - For travel, visiting friends and relatives or to deal with some private matters. A group visa can be obtained if more than 9 people come together for travel.


Converting a Visa 
 A L visa or a F visa can be upgraded to a Z work visa under some circumstances, mainly for those who come to Shanghai taking high-ranking job titles, e.g. Rep office chief representative, professors, or vice general manager with their name on the employer's business license of foreign-invested companies.


Getting a Business (F) Visa in Shanghai 
 If you enter China on a business (F) or a tourist (L) visa and want to stay longer or want to re-enter China for business reasons in the future, we can help you get a new F visa according to your needs. You can apply for a zero-entry, single-entry, double-entry or multiple-entry visa with validity for as long as 1 year.

  • Entry number refers to the number of times you can enter China during the visa period. We recommend you choose at least one entry in case you have to return home in an emergency.